Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Big Four at Newark

Hi Tony, I think it was me you were talking to about it? If I remember correctly I'd seen the bike for sale at Stafford in 2015, the bloke wanted £5000 for it. I took his number and posted the pictures on this forum at the time.
Is this your bike?

DSC 0081

DSC 0082

DSC 0085

DSC 0083

DSC 0087

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

That's the one' But alas i was a month too late to get my hands on it' can always dream tho'
John.

email (option): rustytomm20@hotmail.com

Ah ok, so this isn't Tony's bike and was still for sale at Newark this year. He's been trying to sell it since 2015. There was no sidecar chassis with it.

I think I first saw that bike leaning against a tree at founders day (Stamford Hall) 7-8 years ago. Henk was there too. And then at stafford a year later (again with Henk) and he was advertising for parts. I'd say it's probably best part of 5 Grands worth of parts if they're not all completely knackered ( Forks and Gearbox alone could be worth £1000-£1500). But an awful long way to go to complete it as a proper SWD Big 4, which no doubt the current owner has found out and hence it's for sale.

Here's mine. Ron
Big_4_238
web img

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

The frame number would worry me quite a bit as it's about 20,000 outside of any known SWD Big 4 sequence. If it isn't registered already then bearing in mind how things have tightened up, there is a good chance of that one having to be ground off and replaced by a 17-digit VIN.

Rik, I reckon the last digit 9 looks odd and added on for some reason. Which would give it the original number 2573 which would be from a batch not having a standard sidecar body fitted......Workshop body?? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Yes Ron, that's exactly what I thought about the number, the nine looks wrong and that would make the number correct.

Nieuwe pagina 1