Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bristol classic bike show

It must be ten years since I was there and it was crap. Do you remember the old Bristol shows ? Heaving with spares they were. Good to see that Ron enjoyed himself at Larkhill though.

2_Pdr

I may be going

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I haven't been to the Bristol Bike show for several years, the fact that its in the same place as the VMCC jumble make me compare the quantity of jumble and price to get in and choose just one, I remember it being much better in "the good old days" at Bristol docks.

Although at one of the last ones I did do at Shepton I bought a complete wartime Big4 motor from on display at the Norton Owners Club stand, I remember it was a long carry back to our car and that's not a light engine.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

The show is a shadow of its former self...The jumble isn't very good in terms of quantity or quality and this year it was all outside...The inside 'jumble' hall was entirely filled with cheap tool stalls, people selling books and mugs, Pakistani leather jacket sellers, cleaning materials, etc. etc....You get the picture I'm sure...A lot of 'tat'...

It really isn't worth the trip or the entry fee IMO and I went primarily to keep my 80 year old pal company as he needed a bike related day out after the winter 'shut down'...

On the plus side I delivered some parts to those in need and met up with a few people I haven't seen for a while...and there's always a chance something nice will turn up in the jumble. Unfortunately not this time, I didn't find the pannier bag carriers I need...

The only thing I came home with was a nice old storage unit which will help with my current clear out/reorganisation of the workshop...

Next trip out for me is Telford on the 17th/18th of Feb....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I was thinking of postponing my trip to Larkhill as some of my mates were going to Shepton, until I realized it was the 'Bristol' show which is not of much interest to me. Larkhill was great! I've never seen so many Morris Quad's with 25 pounders and limbers. Both beetle back and soft skin all working and immaculate and privately owned by a living history group.....And of course the 2 pounder and 1st WW guns.:+1:

Ian I'll email you about the pannier frames. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi ian

Yes some fine jewellery & ion bracelets to tempt me wasn’t enough on the day

I’ll see you at Telford - i’ll Be hanging round on the Beta stand with Miss S & her dad

BR

Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

whats the normus newark like on the 25th feb as thinking of going,

email (option): warbikes at gee male dot com, think about this folks

Nieuwe pagina 1