Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Broken Biggy

Look what Lex did to his Big 4 in the Ardennes forest, broke the bottom link spindle:disappointed: I've told him before, he should buy one of those cheap Russian Urinals for this sort of fun:confounded: Ron
IMG_5911

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Broken Biggy

Are those cable ties keeping the whole front end together?

A friend of mine is on his way back from Agnellotreffen. He has a weekend off, then we are meeting him at The Dragon Rally!

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

Hi Ron
Why the yellow color on the headlight - does this indicate Xi during the war
cheers

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

It's gas detection paint Hussein. There was still always a threat that the Germans might resort to Mustard Gas (like the first World War) so most vehicles had a patch of this special paint that would turn purple if it came in contact with gas. Ron

I don't think they ever did use it. Like Nuclear weapons, there is always a stand off......If you use yours, we'll use ours! Ron

Didn't Churchill stockpile a lot of mustard gas near or on some airfields in Lincolnshire. And quite some was burned of after the war, and that is why on some of the former airfields there are big bald patches of land? At least that is a story I was told when touring some of the old airfields years back.

email (option): rpa@robvanmeel.nl

There's another story concerning one of our ships in Bari harbour, Italy in 1943 which was carrying mustard gas, various versions of the tale are on the net if you google it.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

On the local news just before Christmas it was reported that a large quantity of mustard gas containers were found in some woods and at the bottom of a pond very near to a Lincolnshire RAF base, The people who found them were apparently arrested ? The bulletin showed men in white overalls brandishing shovels and reassured the public that it wasn't terror related" seems quite terrifying to me that that stuff is still knocking around, On the subject of Big 4s anyone here buy the 41 Big 4 SWD outfit from Newark jumble last year, I went with the cash but it had gone (Still kicking myself on a daily basis on that one)
Regards, John(Tom)Green

email (option): rustytomm20@hotmail.com

Haha, only see this now! Always wanted a chopper outfit!! (No Russian shite for me!)

Luckily not much harm done, collecting some new spindles and links coming weekend, so bike will be on the road again soon.

Cheers,

Lex

Hi Lex

What exactly were you doing to achieve this, I had assumed the big4 was pretty tough?

rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

We'll confiscate that bike off you if you're not going to treat it nicely Lex :grinning:
I thought you'd seen these pictures Lex, someone posted them on Facebook. I saved them so here's another couple.

26992606 10215733454268119 1136542393922138356 n

26815148 10215733454708130 4113939531671535622 n

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Haha, yes, I have all the pictures, but it was just a broken spindle, maybe it was not to good to begin with, will have in analized in good time. Am soo Lucky it did not happen anywhere on the run, doing 45 mph.
Anyway, it will be on the road again in a couple of weeks.

But Rob, I did not do anything out of the ordinary, a little bit of drifting in the snow, just normal stuff, in wartime, much more force would have been applied to the forks and such!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbiXX.net (think about it!!)

Lex, drifting in the snow, hmm, next you will be doing wheelies and burn outs, just need to up the hp on the bike a bit :+1:

email (option): warbikes at gee male dot com, think about this folks

Nieuwe pagina 1