Tank - slide transfers

Hi all

Recommended supplier of the oval Bsa tank transfer required

Feed back greatfully received

Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Tank - slide transfers

Hi John,
Got mine from the VMCC, Have a look at their transfer page for BSA, Page number 9 I think, Excellent quality easy to apply £4 Each plus postage,
Regards Tom Green.

email (option): rustytomm20@hotmail.com

Also don't forget it's the one with the cream background...not the gold background...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I always get mine from "classic transfers", I assume they are still going? and I made a cardboard jig so they are on the same place each side.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Rob Miller
I always get mine from "classic transfers", I assume they are still going? and I made a cardboard jig so they are on the same place each side.

Rob
That won't be period-accurate then Rob ! :-)

Yes Marcia at Classic Transfers is going strong. Her Nephew has come into the business since Robert died.
http://www.classictransfers.co.uk/

I'm fairly sure that she supplies VMCC anyway. They seem to run the same part number scheme with just the first number changed at VMCC.

I just fitted these water slide transfers on Pete's bike to replace the erroneous gold stickers someone had fitted. With a bit of love, care and patience and a warmish day, you can even apply them to the double curvature of the tank.....Which was unavoidable in this instance as they had to go back in the same place as the stickers. Phew! Ron

G_2108

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

While we are on the subject of stickers/transfers, what others are there on a WM20 besides the tank transfer?
I have seen pics of some bikes with a piled arms sticker on the headstock. Is this correct?

email (option): mfarnay@bigpond.net.au

I can't see it in any of the original pictures that I have. But Henk has far more pictures. Probably a little bit of artistic licence. Ron

So tank sticker is it then Ron?

email (option): meck04@bigpond.com

No Mark....Tank water slide transfer. Ron:slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks all

Transfers ordered

Best regards

Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Thanks Ron. :+1:

email (option): mfarnay@bigpond.net.au

Ian Wright
Also don't forget it's the one with the cream background...not the gold background...Ian
Can anybody advise on how to remove recently applied tank transers from petrol tank? :sob:

If I did not read this forum, I would never have to do any work on my bike. Looks like I will be ordering cream colored transfers to replace my gold ones!:grimacing:

email (option): msawicki@mailer.fsu.edu

Dean
Ian Wright
Also don\'t forget it\'s the one with the cream background...not the gold background...Ian
Can anybody advise on how to remove recently applied tank transers from petrol tank? :sob:
I have managed to remove them by gently scraping them off with finger nails, which is not so bad if you're going to re-apply some more on the top. Ron

I always varnish over the transfer using a clear varnish, just marginally overlapping the outer edge of the transfer.

That improves durability vastly but means there's no taking them off unless wet and dry is employed!....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Here's my simple template, several original NOS tanks have turned up with transfers applied, it would be nice to compare it to see how close I got.

Rob

bsatank

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I think I have this from Boudewijn some years ago. The tank still showed the location of the transfers.

Henk

BSA_WM20_Transfer_Location_01
BSA_WM20_Transfer_Location_02

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Here two photos of two early balloon tanks still with original paint and transfers. Both are original and still in the factory finish both with just one transfer in two different locations.

BSA_000

Decal_factory_photo

Has anyone else noticed that there is no full stop after the A, in B.S.A ? What's that about?

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

It makes it symmetrical!

Here an other NOS tank I saw during a holiday in Greece many years ago.

Henk

BSA 020

BSA 021

It makes it symmetrical!

Henk, I guess so:grinning: That's a nice tank.

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1