Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frame info

https://flic.kr/p/23LajHv
good evening, place the photo of an attack on the frame under the brake pedal, someone knows what it's for?

email (option): marcoleo1967@gmail.com

Re: Frame info

Isn't that the lug for the short side stand that was fitted to the very early M20's? Henk will have a picture I'm sure. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron is absolutely right, I do have a photo. What you have is an early M group rear frame, that lug is for a tiny little side stand. I am pretty sure that these side stands are pre WM20 frames and as far as I know KM20 and earlier. These stands work very well but are not easy to find.

Henk

Sidestand1

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thanks Henk for answering the email, I was at work and with the phone I could not replicate on the forum. However as I wrote you and I would like to participate in those who read the forum, I'm intrigued by this attack on a rear frame as I'm sure the bike is a wm 20 and not km .... thanks for the advice to recover a side stand that as I said .. today would also be comfortable given the roads we have, thanks to anyone else has to comment.

Marcoleo You might well have a WM20, but it could have been fitted with a KM20 rear frame at some time in it's life. Any chance of full side pictures? May help? Ron

I have a set of parts given to me by Steve Madden some years ago to convert a standard WM20 to use the small side stand, I'm not sure where he got it, but it may have been with one of Eric's North African shipments?

It consists of an over sized extra thick brake lever plate, and a rear torque arm with an extra lug, there seemed to be some form of spacer/stop missing to go in the middle which I didn't have, in this picture I have used a bit of tube to make up the gap.

sidestand1
how do you upload photos

sidestand10

sidestand5

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Nice little conversion kit there Rob. You should go into business reproducing it and turn everyone's quaky field stand into an ornament:grinning: Ron

British Only Austria do a replica J12 stand which looks similar.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253343380133?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Rob

First of all, a nice restauration, Marcoleo.
Must have been much work.
And you seem to have a lot of spare parts, wich is very handy.

The side stand seems like a very good idea, easy to make really

Rob Miller
British Only Austria do a replica J12 stand which looks similar.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253343380133?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Rob
£145 each! I must buy a couple:confused: . I meant to say gawky in my last post. Ron

The J11/12 replica clearly has a different bend. It would be interesting to compare the length, but think it is too long for the M20 as the pivot point of the M20 is placed quite low on the frame compared to the prewar models.

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

I was watching this stand on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Side-Stand-for-BSA-G14-and-Other-Pre-war-Twins-Ex-WD-New-Old-Stock-NOS-/253467573976?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESINDXX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Om%252FkeO8M5Stc5%252FL%252BOCdS%252FhH9VM8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Rather surprised at the price it realised, but is this a military J12 stand?

Rob

thank you all for the answers, I decided to make the dimensions by referring to the size of the hole and then I hire a blacksmith to play it!

Rob,

Yes genuine War Office twin sidestand.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3_at_planet_dot_nl

Nieuwe pagina 1