Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Post war green machine purchase...

I bought myself a post war green machine today...A 1956 'Home Office' swinging arm B31...It's a very solid and pretty standard 'half width hub' model. In fact it's got all its original components apart from a couple of items that are missing ...

The Pyrene 'junior' fire extinguisher and it's holder are absent, as are the bag carriers and bags but they shouldn't be too hard to come up with and everything else is present...Matching frame and engine, original registration etc.

From previous experience I know this will be a very practical 'hack' for regular use...Ian:laughing:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Post war green machine purchase...

Hi Ian

Does it have any AFS insignia?

And are you going to bring it to Normandy this summer?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

It has Signals markings at the moment which aren't correct I'd have thought...The paperwork that came with it confirms delivery to the Home Office. Other than that I know nothing of its history...I'll try to get details from the VMCC archive etc. at some point..
From an initial look it appears the AFS did have some B31s but they seem to have been supplied by Matchless primarily...

It won't be going to Normandy anytime during my term of ownership...Ian:relaxed:

Hi Ian,

If you want I can take a look in the factory records I have here, I need frame and engine numbers for it.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thanks Henk...E mail sent....Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1