Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website Photo

I'm not too sure if this has been mentioned before?

I know that the photo is from the Tamiya kit, but is the M20 portrayed is it Ron's? I have the kit, but not got around to making it yet.

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Website Photo

Yes Dave. Tamiya sent a contingent of three blokes to my place when they came to UK for a toy/model convention some years ago. They've made a model of my Tilly, M20 and Welbike and Henk has photoshot his face onto the website picture, but I can't remember who's face he put on the bloke on traffic control :smile: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Henk?..It looks more like Rutger Hauer....Ian:laughing:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Maybe they are related Ian? These Dutch do sleep around a lot, and "it's a wise man who knows his own father":flushed: Ron.

It's me on the bike and Fuzz Townshend as traffic controller.

Henk :+1:

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thanks Ron, it must be an honour, is that the right word? to have you vehicles manufactured by such a large firm.

The rider is the same on the model and the website photo, Ian, it does look a bit like Ruter Hager. Henk is the other one really Fuzz, or are you taking the you know what.I seen Fuzz a couple of times, and that can't be him, he's not wearing his kinky boots:laughing:

Dave

Dave I had 3 Japanese guys here for 6 hours. One was some sort of director at Tamiya, The second guy was the photographer who must have taken 200-300 pictures and the last guy was quite elderly and did a lot of bowing. They were all very polite and brought me little Japanese presents and sent more after the models were made including a built M20 and a Tilly kit. I even had a letter from Mr Tamiya himself who was in his 80's at the time but still went into work each day. Ron

Hi Ron,

That sounded cool, did they bring some sake with them?
Do you still have the models? I love the Tamiya models, but it's awhile since I made one. I don't think that they do the Jeep with trailer anymore, just the Jeep.

Dave

Yes Dave still got the built M20 but the grandkids got hold of it once, so it needs a repair. I've never built the Tilly kit as I'm always too busy with the real things. I've also got the Tamiya Universal carrier kit like my real one which a mate was going to build for me over 20 years ago, but never got round to it. Ron

Ron.
That sound good that they have stood the test of time, apart from the slight accident:grimacing:
I saw your box for the Tilly on another post of yours.
Dave

Sright Dave. I had a cock up with posting pictures and then used it as an example once I'd got it sorted out. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1