Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Insurance advice (UK)

Hello

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on UK insurers that would cover complete bikes and also laid up/projects in progress?

I have a WM20 that I want to insure now but I also wanted to include two other WD bikes, that are substantially complete enough, on one policy.

I thought it would be easy but the three companies I have tried so far (Adrian Flux, Heritage & Cherished Vehicle Insurance) all seem confused by me wanting to insure a bike I cannot ride or is not road worthy. This would be further complicated by one project being UK registered and the other imported and not yet registered with the DVLA – but I didn’t even get to that hurdle.

It seems quite a common insurance ‘product’ for kit cars and classic cars so there must be bike insurers that offer this cover.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Re: Insurance advice (UK)

Hello there, might be worth trying
Hagerty Classic. They're a very friendly bunch.

email (option): petethejeep@hotmail.co.uk

Carole Nash have been in the business for ages

Think you will have to get them insured on the frame numbers you only need fire and theft i think they will need pictures send some anyway .Try premuim choice my bikes are with them .

Hello

I tried Carole Nash but they were unable to cover all the bikes on one policy. I know its possible because I've done it before; and i'm sure it was with Carole Nash but they don't seem to do it anymore.

They would insure the other bikes on a separate policy.

Interesting, I've got all mine on one policy, but then I've had it a long time.

Hi, i need to insurance my bikes also and i am looking at a company called Peter James. The multi bike policy looks very good when i do a quick on line quote, if you belong to a club like the VMCC they give excellent extra discount. Also includes breakdown cover.
Seems a lot cheaper than CN and Footman J......
anyone use them? Any feedback on them?
Tony

email (option): tony.g.moore@googlemail.com

Thanks Tony, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Presumably the insurance companies struggle with your projects because they are not (yet) vehicles? So can they offer you vehicle insurance? Cannot they be covered under your property/house contents insurance?

Nieuwe pagina 1