Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New M20 website picture

A nice picture showing the padlock and chain damaging the paint on the rear carrier.

But what is that between the rear stand and lower mudguard stay?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Re: New M20 website picture

A rope or something to prevent that the rear stand bounces and dangles too much...?

Jan

email (option): wd.register(at)gmail.com

I wonder if he may have lost the rear stand spring, minor replacement parts may have taken a while to replace?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

It seems that both tail light and rear stand have been fixed with a piece of rubber, probably inner tube.

Henk

rearstand

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Nice! must be a KM, I would say, note the long float bowl.

Thought the horn should be under the nearside saddlespring.., maybe later modification?

It's an interesting photo. Is the rider modelling the new raincoat ? It can't be earlier than 1942 and yet the bike is still fitted with an MT1130 and the padlocks don't seem to have been part of the equipment lists after the HT immobilisers were introduced - certainly 1941 onwards.

The exhasust system has been refinished in matt black and no panniers have been fitted.

Could this have been in some out of the way 'establishment' ? Is there any captioning to the photo ?

Only thing I know about that photo is that its come from "Motor Cycling" Here an other photo with an other uniform.

Henk

IMG_5556

IMG_5555

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Ah yes, those were the photos from the clothing test series. The second photo is in the Birch IWM book and dated August 1941 - Would motorcyclists' clothing have been tested at MEE ? If so then quite possibly they had unreturned pre-war test machines on the fleet and as they were a test establishment these would not have been subject to ACIs or DME circulars.

Yes those photos were used in the August 14th 1941 issue of MOTORCYCLING,new kit for army riders.

[Whether coat or suit is the final choice, there will be no complaints next winter!..']

I could think of a few after doing a hundred miles or less in the rain or cold!...:laughing: :snow_cloud: :rain_cloud: :thunder_cloud_and_rain: :dash:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1