Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nos clutch on eBay

Hi just spotted these, I hope they are real job as just brought one he has a few. So here is the listing
Hopefully useful to someone.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bsa-m20-clutch-complete/253343834576?hash=item3afc7821d0:g:1MwAAOSwl9RZ~ddJ

Grahame

Re: Nos clutch on eBay

I think that may be an Indian product..The chap selling them isn't exactly lavish with the details. I think an enquiry before buying might be a good idea as he doesn't actually state NOS anywhere and it does at least appear to have the 'over thick' pattern fibre plates....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I am sure it is a new part.

The item is sold as "New other", not "NOS", as you pointed, Ian,
The part is painted and not in grease, or bare metal,
The finish all around is not as smooth as the original,
The welding between the "walls" to the sprocket have some small voids,
The plates are pinkish and thick, and even the finish of the sprocket teeth is not smooth,
And has some metal particles which were not cleaned, if you take a close look at the photos,
But I guess for this price, if you finish it a bit, and it does its job, it worth it...

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Hi Ian and Noam
My initial thoughts were the same so I asked specifically was it nos or remanufactured (not suggesting a country) and the reply was nos.
So I'll see
I did look around and couldn't find anyone selling complete Indian or otherwise remanufactured clutches, I don't know even if the clutch centre sleeves are available reproduction.
But as I need the steel plates the friction disc's,the nut and the cover it all adds up to close to the price so if the carrier turns out to be ok then that's almost free.
Grahame

Hi Grahame,

As I mentioned, and so did you,
for a decent working clutch assy, it is very cheap.
I am not involved at the BSA M20 scene for as long as some of the other guys here,
Only for about 11 years, but when you see and mess with original parts and reproductions-
Holding and installing them, you get a sense of what is high or even superb quality original
And what is not,
And you learn to tell the reproductions by texture, colour and finishing,
And this is why I believe it is an "aftermarket" part.
Sorry if I am mistaken,(I may be) as do not wish to call the seller a liar...
The good side of what you bought and even that you have been told it is an original is again-
1. The price
And
2. You bought it via eBay, and the sellers there are very much afraid of getting bad feedbacks,
So I bet you can have a full refund very fast, if you do not like what you got.
Just tell the seller you are going to open a "Dispute"...:wink:

Cheers,
Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1