Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rear stand spring

stand is now sorted but when hooking up the spring the obvious place to attach one end is the bolt holding the silencer to the frame. In this position moving the stand up and down the radius stays the same so no pull on the spring at all. the arm on the stand could be at the wrong angle or I should put a clamp on the frame tube witch is about 3 inch higher this would allow the spring to do its work. At this time there is just one clamp on the frame to support the silencer should there be another one for the spring! Bryon

Re: rear stand spring

The front eye of the spring hooks onto a small ball shaped lug on the silencer/footpeg lug. Ron
IMG_3941

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

great photo Ron explains it all no foot peg on mine Bryon

Bryon that picture I posted is Henk's bike. My own bike is from one of those early contracts with no foot rests, and so I have the BSA clamp on rests. But still the lug is there for the spring eye. I guess someone has taken an angle grinder to yours? Ron
M20_265

I have had a closer look for the spring lug and can see where it used to be. I should have welded one back on but in the meantime I had already made a bracket to suit the spring I had and it works ok but not stock. The bike is now ready for a further test ride except it is now minus 30c outside Thanks again Ron for the help Bryon

Bryon if you sill have the remains of the foot rest lug around the frame tube? You could drill, tap, Loctite one of these:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M3-M4-M5-M6-M8-A2-STAINLESS-STEEL-SOCKET-BUTTON-DOME-HEAD-ALLEN-SCREW-BOLTS/121440422568?hash=item1c4669caa8:m:mvjVjGvYlt4yXqsI2zS8sHg

Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1