Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WWII BSA Dispatch Rider movie

WWII BSA Dispatch Rider movie

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Re: WWII BSA Dispatch Rider movie

Merry Christmas Henk,

Thanks for posting the movie. The descripton says its a 350 BSA!! Have you noticed the front mudguard? It looks like the late Harley one, all flat, probably needed more clearence:laughing: The falling off looked a bit staged.

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

He wasnt in a hurry :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Nice movie!!:the_horns:

It has an interesting variation to the oil breather, I have not seen one like that before. I wondered if it was a field modification of the early war version that used to be mounted on the other side?

A class piece of film...

Look how polished the kick start is........:slightly_smiling_face:

email (option): jmmycmullen@aol.com

it's a wonderful little piece of film, all staged of course, but you get the point. Am i right in thinking at the end the soldier on the left standing there who then moves was perhaps holding a mike to record sound - you see a lead - and then goes off. So maybe the original had some sound. It reminds me of the wartime advert with a a BSA despatch rider with the officer saying and don't spare the BSA!! fabulous.

They also used a stills photographer when they filmed this movie,"Cpl.P.W.Collings being briefed by the signal officer,Major E.W.Townsend, at headquarters 11th armoured division,23rd October 1944".

Nieuwe pagina 1