Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First start up!

Yesterday the pile of rough and rusty bits M20 I bought in April reached the state that I could oil it up, drop some petrol in and see if it runs.
Two kicks and she was runnimg!
A slight adjustment to the throttle stop and mixture screw and she sat there happily ticking over. To say I am chuffed is an understatement.
Big thanks to all of you who offered advise and help and to this great forum:laughing:

And just like a real M20, an hour later she was a pig to start.
Mind you it also took about 10 kicks to get her started from cold this morning.:confounded:

Re: First start up!

She looked a treat when I saw her the other day Dean a few tweaks and I'm sure you'll have her starting first kick or you can ride around with me and have an hour and a half engine cooling breaks before she starts again.That will give you something to look forward to 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

email (option): andrewbell12@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks for your kind comments Andrew. I have had my first ride on her: from the garage to the top shed!
I have learned that its easier to restrat after a stall if a) you remember to retard, and b) you fiond a way of not getting the bottom of your jeans snagged on the toolbox knob as you swing in the kickstart!

Stop wearing the flares and you'll be fine 😁

email (option): andrewbell12@hotmail.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1