Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mad Frenchmen

Some of you here obviously have a much better taste in motorcycles than you have in music.:unamused:
While it is tollerable to play music which is 70 years out of time period with the images, why does it have to be so loud that you can only just barely hear the beautiful music the bikes make all by themselves.

When marshalling I always pick a corner with a steep exit so I can stand there and hear all the full throttle engines under load.

Sort of like a bunch of HD riders I did one trip with.
All of them had pipes that would rattle windows open from 100 paces and all of the clowns were wearing noise cancelling ear plugs hooked up to their music system / intercoms.
I did like the pace they rode and the roads they rode on but giving children perminenant hearing damage is not my idea of fun.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Re: Mad Frenchmen..and Millennials

Millennials ..dont you just love them..spend £5 on a " Chi mocha chino frappe latte " then £45 a week on "personal grooming " and £1000 on a phone....then complain they cant afford a house!....Sorry ...rant over ! If they keep M20s on the road ...maybe we can forgive them !

Andy B
Millennials ..dont you just love them..spend £5 on a " Chi mocha chino frappe latte " then £45 a week on "personal grooming " and £1000 on a phone....then complain they cant afford a house!....Sorry ...rant over ! If they keep M20s on the road ...maybe we can forgive them !
Well the problem is finding designer house in the right suburb with a kitchen full of designer retro appliances with the same number of bathrooms as bedrooms, central heating, solar hot water & wool carpets.:wink:

We started off out married life with a tiny house that had been built wrongly so one side had dropped 4" thus the entire building was a parallelogram shape.
We upsold into a condemed terrace with no roof & rotten floors in a industrial area which we shared with another couple ( after we had replaced the roof & floors ) then finally to the nice 1/4 acre in the Blue Mountains.
On the occasions that I bother to talk to millennials ( which is hard cause they are always texting ) I get abused because of my "priviledged" educational history having been allowed a free university education.
The fact that the Whitlam system was only in force for 4 years and it accounted for less than 6% of the graduates in the work force seems to elude them ( not on face book ) .
I did at one time show a friend of my kids the receipts from the Uni & Student Union which added up to $ 22,000 in 1970 and he congratulated for making such realistic fakes.

It's a beautifully shot video and I like the music; which I'd say you're in the minority view on. And not one of them was a Bearded Tit. Bearded Tits being unlikely to have the mechanical nouse to get any further than the next preening perch.

email (option): j@clogmaker.co.uk

I agree. i think this is a great video . I wish we had some of the roads and scenery down here that these guys have in Europe.
Don't mind the music either!

email (option): mfarnay@bigpond.net.au

I agree.
Where I come from everything is as flat as a pancake.
Some sanddunes at the most, impossible to take for an M20.

Mark Farnay
I agree. i think this is a great video . I wish we had some of the roads and scenery down here that these guys have in Europe.
Don't mind the music either!
You need a copy of Peter Thomings Motorcycle Atlas of Australia , desperately.
Lots of great rides down here.
You could spend a month in Tassie riding 8 hours a day and not cross the same piece of tar twice.

Tassie is a loooong way from Perth Trevor.
There's some decent roads in the hills behind Perth but not with the scenery of Europe unfortunately.

email (option): mfarnay@bigpond.net.au

I've never been to Oz myself but for someone living on a relatively cramped island the thought of all that space is certainly alluring...

These days, particularly in the summer months, the roads in the UK are generally too busy to travel very far without getting frustrated by it all...:rage: ..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

You can't beat Wales and North Yorkshire for biking.....maybe Scotland and the Lake District are OK too.

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

Mark Farnay
Tassie is a loooong way from Perth Trevor.
There's some decent roads in the hills behind Perth but not with the scenery of Europe unfortunately.
Well I would hope not otherwise the world would be a rather boring place.
Diversity is the spice of life.
Although even a one eyed flag waving patriot of the "worlds gift to motorcycling" would admit it is a touch flatter on your side.

Well the BSA International is down here in 2018.
The BSAOA is sending a container or two of bikes down here so that drops the price drastically.
The Grampions, where the rally is being held is fantastic riding and bushwalking if you like to watch nature at a slower pace.
Then when it is all over, a ride ( or two ) along the Great Ocean Road to the Tassie Ferry.

Patrick Meagher
You can't beat Wales and North Yorkshire for biking.....maybe Scotland and the Lake District are OK too.
I dunno,
300 dry days a year goes a long way to enjoyable biking

"Dry days"? I have no dry days (we get 150 inches of rain a year). Makes no noticeable difference to my ride whether it's wet or dry. Actually better when wet because there are no Harleys on the road. When it rains, you get wet. No big deal...

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

I once worked as Powys Council's unsealed road inspector. Basically I threatened them with various outcomes and they gave me a job....
This was twenty years ago and it was said then that Powys B and less roads were quieter then than they had been twenty years earlier. This due to rural depopulation mainly. You could walk for an hour or more at certain times of day and never see a vehicle. Nothing's changed much since then. I live in the Welsh Marches.

email (option): j@clogmaker.co.uk

Another nice video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzcqbyZUY60

Nieuwe pagina 1