Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wiring clip

Yes I've bought a couple of small batches from Draganfly. They're £1 each and stainless steel which I just paint matt black. I suggest you send this picture when you order some as some of their staff are not always aware of what stock they carry. Ron

Big_4_521
gif hoster

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Excellent thank you Ron:+1: , i shall send them an email. Much better to use the correct thing rather than a bodgey bit of tape!

Hi, I want to thank Grahame for asking about the clips:+1: I have been thinking about what to do with my rear light wiring, when I get around to it.
As we all know the WDM20 only ever had a rear light, no stop light. So, it will need 2 wires running to the light unit. I was wondering how others clipped their wires. My M20 won't be having any panniers.
Ron, should it be 4 clips normally?

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Five clips on a Norton.

Unless you're going to run a single wire and hide a resistor controlled by the brake switch, the best option is probably to run a length of black-outer 2-core cable. It won't be much larger OD than the original wiring.

Can anyone post the wiring schematic of the single wire brake set up with resistor

Over time I have lost it

Many thanks

Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Thanks Rik,
I have not heard of using a single wire and resistor set up.

Dave

Chaps, here are a couple of older threads.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1018436&cmd=show

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1018436&cmd=show

Basically you have to put a resistor into the feed for the rear light (and use a brake light brightness bulb or LED) You then need to bypass the resistor via the brake light switch so that when it is operated, the feed to the rear lamp is not via the resistance and is at full brightness.

The only visible variation from standard, apart from the switch are two wires to and from which can go up the chainstays and then via the main loom tube.

Thanks Rik, again.

I have a gander at the posts, both are the same thread. Very interesting, will have to bookmark it for future use:smile:

Dave

Nieuwe pagina 1