Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How to lock the cush drive bearing nut?

Piet I think 116 is the spacer between the outer main bearing and part 56....When part 56 doesn't have the spacer already machined into it. (There are both types). As for your cush drive nut coming undone. I'm guessing that you are simply not getting it done up tight enough. The usual hammer and drift is not a good idea. I put loctite on the thread and use one of Robb Nortier's special sockets. A normal ratchet will do the job once you stop it from turning, but I do them with my battery hammer gun. Ron

M20_433
image host

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Is there a lead for that kind of sockets?

Maybe I have the wrong spring, or my spring is not long enough....? I could just screw on the nut by hand where I read somewhere else that there is a "compression tool" for the spring....
Can anyone tell the "un-compressed" length of the spring?

email (option): carawagon@telenet.be

Piet the cush drive spring free length when new is 1 5/8" (41.27mm) down to 1 1/2" (38.1mm) is acceptable. No compression tool is needed, it's probably the clutch you're thinking of.
I am selling some of Robb's (USA) cush drive and clutch nut tools on his behalf in UK/Europe at £22 each. Email me if you want further details.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1