Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Military speedo anomaly

I just asked David Woods (speedos) but he regrets he has no idea about the 'S'. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

there is a strange stamping on the face of the dynamo fitted to my'42 WNG, I believe the dynamo to be an original LM the stamping is of the letter R in a triangle, no idea what it signifies. kind regards

there is a strange stamping on the face of the dynamo fitted to my'42 WNG, I believe the dynamo to be an original LM the stamping is of the letter R in a triangle, no idea what it signifies. kind regards

email (option): woolnough@mchenry.plus.com

Two photos of the NOS speedo with the S on,it has a brass bezel,the photo of the back of the speedo shows some numbers (codes).

Hi Steve,
Mine has exactly the same numbers, Another mystery' All the smiths bezels on my other bikes are chrome plated brass so maybe the steel bezel is late/post war when brass was in short supply (Bullets/shells?) the plot thickens'
Regards John.

email (option): rustytomm20@hotmail.com

There's one on ebay now. Bit of a roughy but has the S mark.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Smiths-Chronometric-speedometer-S433m-for-XWD-BSA-M20-type/382304760031?hash=item590323b0df:g:8oQAAOSwPIhaKUnL

email (option): mfarnay@bigpond.net.au

Greetings Lex,

I'm afraid that I failed your test......regarding your email address. Can you please send me an email.

Regards,
Rob

email (option): robert.g.elliott@gmail.com

Sorted - I was being thick! Email sent.

email (option): Robert.g.elliott@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1