Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NOS Speedos only 86 pieces left for purchase

Dear All

I recently found a new supplier of NOS parts, The guy is in the Iraq army based in Baghdad and he has access to all the stock left behind by the British forces after WW2. I will post a separate post next week with images of barrels, pistons,crank cases wheels and springer front ends all in large quantities.

For the Speedometers he has 86 all brand new in the boxes never been opened I tried to purchase 5 from him but in the end as a test in case it ended badly I purchased only the one. I also purchased a new 4 way switch.

These items were just delivered to me via DHL and arrived 10 minutes ago, they are in perfect condition. I will have to remove the Smiths MA rivet and service it before I bench test or install on the bike, I think its safer as its sat unused for 75 years. the original photo he sent me had the needle on the zero position but as its been jostled in the post its advanced a but there are no rattles so should be OK.

20171104_203419

20171104_203443

20171104_203448

20171104_203529

email (option): deepsea@vol.net

Re: NOS Speedos only 86 pieces left for purchase

Dear All

If anyone has experience in removing the rivet and retaining the Smiths MA stamping please could you let me know, I presume a small drill to remove the center will do the trick.

email (option): deepsea@vol.net

Why bother taking it apart if it works ok? I'd just test it with a a drill in reverse mode first and then take it apart if it doesn't work or when it stops working. You might need to put the drill in forward mode to wind the needle back to zero.

Is this the same Iraqi stuff that someone else is onto in the for sale section? Sounds like a good place to visit. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Just for everyone’s info;
This guy has been banned from the Norton 16H Facebook site because he kept on acting like a fool after many serious attempts to communicate with him. He asks skyhigh prices for rusted crap parts, so be prepared for the nice stuff.
If you’re able to buy some parts, bare in mind that it needs to be shipped out of Iraq. You don’t need much imagination what happens if it comes out that ‘military’ parts are being exported from a country that is in war itself and is supervised by people you’d rather stay far away from.
I’ve tried to get some more clarity of this treasure through Hussein, since he speaks Arab, but he also states that, beside he seems friendly, the Iraqi guy has a complete foulish pricing policy.
Let me make very clear that I also would love to cherrypick in this treasure, but for now I listen to the wise line ‘If it seems to good to be true, it usually is’

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

I got the same message. AND, have been warned off my many friends. Makes me wonder if you will get anything for your efforts and money.

However, If you do, I'd be interested in a pair of them.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Hi guys
yes i can help anyone need any parts with them - just the shipping is very expensive from the Iraq also they got the money by western union only - also i buy someparts from them but in thee way to me - soon i will get it
I have been authorized to sell them and I hope to help everyone
cheers
hussein

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

Hi Hussein...I'm after a NOS M20 oil pump...I bought one from you previously...Do you have anymore?...You can mail me off forum if you wish...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian
i will check if i have NOS i will let u know if i haven't i will buy from Iraq for you
i have used original good -
cheers
hussein

Hi Ian
i sent email to u last night about the oil pump
cheers

Hi Ian
i sent email to u last night about the oil pump
cheers

Hi Hussein
Would be interested in one of the light switches.
Cheers
John

email (option): jsaft1951@xtra.co.nz

Nieuwe pagina 1