Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
old girl

I pick up on something on a older thread and just wondered am I on my own when I'm chugging along on my m20 I talk to her as an old girl I'm I the only strange one.Apart from when I try and restart her at the petrol station and have to wheel out the way then it's a diffrent name 😂😂

email (option): andrewbell12@hotmail.co.uk

Re: old girl

You're not on your own, Andrew.

I talk to all my bikes, at times. Nothing serious mind you - no musings on the economy, politics or philosophy. But a few encouraging words never seem to hurt, do they?

With a smile, Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

I could also confess to patting mine on the tank Not sure what gender he/she is. when little our daughter christened the bike Greenie which could work either way round. all best peter

Whenever I'm on my way home and I pass the 'Devon' sign at the border of the fair county I always pat the tank and think, 'Well done'...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I talk to mine. As a sentient being it has its opinions which demand respect.
She's (probably a she) never actually been named but has been around me so long she's "the Beeza".
As for starting, she fired first kick in front of an audience at an old bike do yesterday but evened things up by refusing to start when at the servo. A draw.

I don't talk to any of mine, but I do hum to myself sometimes and say 'F*CK' quite a bit, under my breath at the antics of some car drivers. I said it a few times last June when a plumb stone hit me square in the face on my way home from our Weymouth veterans parade. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Yes, I confess I talk to my "old girl" now and then, even after having to give her a good kick to get her started. But I do also talk to my motorcycles.

I'm going to forward this to Mrs Ferg. You'll be making your own porridge for a while.
Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1