Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Footrests

Stuart Bray Motorcycles has a pair on his website.

They are not cheap, but if you factored in the labour of making some for yourself they probably are.

I wouldn't know what year they are for, but they are the cross hatched type.

Regards

Pat

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

Hi Patrick
Nothing from Stuart is ever cheap, those are later plain metal, the ones I'm looking for have rubber footrest cover and a tapped hole in the end for a bolt to hold the rubber on.

email (option): deadhorsesdontgetbackup@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Barry, the Original early ones are very hard to find, but you can easily adapt a postwar one. I weld up the rounded end a bit, make it flat and tap 5/16 BSC threads in it.

IMG 3111

The washers should have a diameter of 50mm and I make them out of 3mm sheet. Jeff Hunter used to sell the correct rubbers:

IMG 3113

Good luck! Michiel

Hi Michiel

Thanks for that the photos are always useful, would you have a contact for Jeff Hunter?
Cheers. Barry

Jeff Hunter jeffalanhunter@aol.com He'll be at Kempton on Sat.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron
Thank's for the contact, I would really enjoy going to Kempston and some of the other swap meets but as I'm in New Zealand it's a job to justify. Is there a list of the various swap meets that I can access?, I plan to be in the UK possibly next year and try to do a couple if it works. Cheers Barry

Apart from the fact they are a malleable iron or steel casting the footrests would be difficult to manufacture due to the fine internal spline they have to allow for adjustment...That engages with a matching spline on the footrest support tube...

To accurately reproduce the cross hatch pattern of the military footrests from solid would also require access to a CNC mill...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian

My intention would be to use the ones I have, reduce the footrest to fit inside the rubber then drill and tap the end for the bolt, is there any reason that this wouldn't work? Cheers Barry

the crosshatched footrest are also getting rare so in my opinion it would be ashame to destroy them.

Think it is better to look out for some postwar footrest. As long as they have good splines they can easy be made fit for your purpose.

BR, Michiel

Hello all,

As long as footrests are the subject,
I am looking for a clamp-on pillion footrests,
For a WM20 chassis without footrest accessories.

If anyone has one for sale, or can direct me to a leller,
Please mail me.
It would be great !

noam10@gmail.com

Thanks,
Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

One more question about the foot rests on the photo; are they the same on both sides?

Nieuwe pagina 1