The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Brake shoe availability

Hello Dean,

I have some spare that I picked up with a project bike last week. Send me a mail if you still haven't found any.

Tom

email (option): thomas.carey@helvetic.com

Some on ebay atm....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/65-5901-65-5940-BSA-7-SINGLE-SIDED-HUB-QD-REAR-BRAKE-SHOES-A7-A10-B31-B33-/401364382346?fits=UKM_Make%3ABSA%7CUKM_Model%3AM20&epid=1642227167&hash=item5d732e728a:m:ms7wsQIOPioqUNe5k3-Xeug

Scott

email (option): larkesr@gmail.com

Scott
thanks for the link. I have a pair of the ones you've found on ebay. They are a different part no to the proper M20 shoes. They will fit but the ends of the shoes are consideraby narrower than the operatin cam and fulcrum. The shoes are also narrower. It may come down to a road test!

Tom
I have sent you an email.

Hi Dean
i have pair original - if u interested will sent photos to u
cheers
hussein

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

Hi,
I have 2 pairs of original used brake shoes. they will need re-lining. Send me an email if you are interested.

Regards,
Bastiaan

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

A warning from experience. There were two types of shoe material used! Aluminium and a heavier steel/zinc alloy type. If the steel/zinc type are relined with bonded linings instead of rivets, the heat process can easily distort the shoes. I had a pulsating front brake for ages and the next pair wouldn't even fit into the drum.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron, thanks for the useful tip.
I bought two new pairs of repro ones and they don't fit in the drum!

Same here. I bought a pair part number 35-9235 from Feked. Now I am trying to get my money back. It is a shame that they sell parts that do not fit.
John

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1