Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grease nipples

Hi All,
So it would seem that every grease nipple has left the building at some point in Gladys' former life.
Can anyone tell me how many I need and what thread please?
Thanks in advance.
Scott

email (option): larkesr@gmail.com

Re: Grease nipples

There are quite a few...Girder forks, wheel hubs, brake cams, rear brake pedal etc...

I think they are all 1/4" cycle and can be replaced with the more available 1/4" BSF type...New nipples will also suit a modern grease gun though they do differ slightly in appearance from the originals...

You will also need some straight and some angled nipples...I suggest you go over the bike thoroughly and you will see where they are fitted...or where the vacant holes are to accept them...

Grease nipples have a tapered thread and do not require a washer under them....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Cheers Ian, I'll count them tomorrow night as missus just served a yellow card from the garage door so I best go in!

email (option): Larkesr@gmail.com

It might be most economical to buy an assortment off Ebay. They often sell a tray with multiple types and threads at much lower price than buying individually. Some nipples can not be replaced (eg rear brake cam) so you still need an old-type grease gun for those...

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

I don't think that's worth doing. From memory they are all 1/4" BSF and apart from the two cranked ones in the wheel hubs (which I never use anyway), I'm quite sure that all the rest of mine are straight.

I have to unscrew the steering damper knob to get the grease gun on the nipple on the top yoke. Both the brake cams on both my bikes have screw in nipples Ron

PS. plenty on ebay. Pack of 10 for 6 quid looks good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grease-Nipple-Fitting-1-4-X-26-BSF-10-UK-manufacture-free-1st-UK-postage-/232226520994?hash=item3611c77fa2:m:myYNS1gQdhfgl_tLp2mtciA

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1