Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: OH NO! I've caught LEVER FEVER!

Thanks for the info Ron. The perch and lever do not quite look the same though. I haven't tried but I reckon the one in primer would fit onto the perch on the bike. Also, what does the correct choke lever look like? Is it longer and brass like this one?

Horror, thanks too for the info. Do you or anyone else have an image of the correct early WM20 lever as a guide?

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Horror
Hi Cas, I would say your front brake lever and mount are Norton 16H, looks just like the one on my Norton.
Getting lever fever is a bad illness and can take a long time to cure and it's not cheap unless you're lucky

Only problem would be the 1" vs 7/8".?

email (option): cormiersam@hotmail.com

OH NO!!!!!!!!!! I'm now getting an uncontrollable urge to count rivets. Please, if I turn into a rivet counter, take me to the vet and have me put to sleep?

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Sam the later 16H's had 7/8" bars!

Here is a scan from a 1944 M20 parts list showing the standard Amal levers. The choke and mag levers are curved and have a ball end and not the flat end. Ron

scan_161218_0001
upload image

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Samuel Cormier
Horror
Hi Cas, I would say your front brake lever and mount are Norton 16H, looks just like the one on my Norton.
Getting lever fever is a bad illness and can take a long time to cure and it's not cheap unless you're lucky

Only problem would be the 1" vs 7/8".?

Late war and civvie bikes were 7/8"

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Cas, this is what's on mine. I believe the choke/mag levers are correct, the the brake/clutch not so.

20170908 163944
20170908 163952

email (option): mfarnay@bigpond.net.au

Hi Cas
i have the levers magchoke for the m20 original - also i have the clamp levers
i hope i can help u
regards
Hussein

email (option): sl_hussein&yahoo.com

Just returned from Wuxi in China today and the first of two packages was sitting there with four sets of NOS levers. When I receive the rest I will contact all parties whom requested some. They are covered in thick grease but I will leave them for the new owners to clean up.

20170927_172005

email (option): deepsea@vol.net

I can also get these levers NOS

received_1610240235695165

Those Dohertys are mid- to late-war Norton. Are they 1" or 7/8" ?

If only you could find early pattern Norton with the solid clamp halves too...

Stuart Woods
Just returned from Wuxi in China today and the first of two packages was sitting there with four sets of NOS levers. When I receive the rest I will contact all parties whom requested some. They are covered in thick grease but I will leave them for the new owners to clean up.

20170927_172005

AAHHHH, I must be drunk Amazing find, I would be in the queue if I hadn't a spare set.

These levers work great, especially the valve lifter, much and much better than that stupid little thumb lever that pricks into the tank.

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

They are 1" levers but no nuts and bolts for them.

Regards

Stuart

Nieuwe pagina 1