Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lovely M20

I went to buy some parts from a chap here in South Devon yesterday...He is 80 now and still riding one of his two Velos...In fact he recently completed a 280 mile run to Lands End and back so he's still pretty fit...

Anyway, it turned out he was an MP in the British Army of the Rhine in the mid/late 50s (2nd Inf. Div.)...

He had some great copies of photos from that time on his workshop wall showing himself and the other members of his Provost company in Barracks, at Trials etc...

More to the point he had a beautifully restored M20 in post war trim and carrying the markings of his unit as in the aforementioned photos (though he admitted to slightly more 'bull' than on the original.. ...)

Apparently he stopped riding the M20 regularly a few years back as the Velo is easier to manage particularly as it had a side stand as 'standard', but runs the M20 up regularly and takes an occasional ride to ensure everything's in order....

Needless to say we swapped details and I can say I'll be very keen to acquire that bike when he decides to let it go, which he says he probably will in the near future....He was well aware of current values but I'd happily pay that for a bike that has been so lovingly cared for by a chap who obviously knows exactly what he's doing when it comes to M20s....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Lovely M20

Hope you can buy it, Ian.

And please get rid of all your postwar multicylinder swinging-arm/tele-bikes and return to the girders.

We need your technical advise here!

..The T140 is for sale as we speak...The voices told me I must cleanse myself of all non BSA machines...Ian

What was the chap's phone number again, Ian ? ;-)

Hi Ian,

Please post a pic if you do become the next custodian, looking forward to seeing it 👍🏻

Kind regards,

Mark

email (option): towersmark84@yahoo.co.uk

Hi Mark...I'll certainly do that...I'm pretty keen to get this one as I can't help observing that post war machines/specs. are badly under represented generally as there is a fixation with the wartime era...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1