Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA M20 MO1 Lucas Magneto - The inevitable has happened...

Dear All,
Well it's finally happened, my magneto has shuttled off its mortal coil and gone to meet its maker...
I've tried re-machining an old 'left hander' that I had (left hand side advance retard and pick-up) and thought id done a cracking job but as it turns out it was a dead one :0(
So...
Where does a chap source a decent reconditioned magneto please?
Kimble

email (option): Kimble.west@xeiad.com

Re: BSA M20 MO1 Lucas Magneto - The inevitable has happened...

http://www.davelindsley.co.uk

email (option): j@clogmaker.co.uk

Parcel up the mag and send it to Bill Brown at Brightspark Magnetos in france. Ive had x2 done recently, absolutley not worth even thinking about doing it yourself. Itll come back better than new with a full report and tested to 50degrees C..... Plus Bill can't help enough, highly highly recommended. get the condensor changed to a replaceable electronic at the same time!

email (option): bo@whohareswins.com

Thanks Chaps - I'll let y'all know how it goes
K

email (option): Kimble.west@xeiad.com

you can contact Bill Brown if you register as a guest on the AMC site, he goes under the name of Groilly and as said is a very competent and likeable chap,kind regards

email (option): woolnough@mchenry.plus.com

Did you find anyone that could fix your M20 Magneto thx
Michael

email (option): mjhemphill60@gmail.com

I wouldn't recommend Dave Linsley to anyone...After I'd supplied many NOS parts for the rebuild AND stripped the mag and cleaned and blasted all the parts ready for working on he still felt obliged to rip me off, charging over £500 for the rebuild....Sheer greed IMO....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

You cannot go wrong with Tony Cooper Hales Owen, fantastic job on any mag, I have used him on a couple of occasions, very good work and he sends all the old bits back also.

TTJohn

Is Tony still trading? He's done several mags for me a few years ago, very good work and a very fair price, but I've heard he has retired now.

Yes I'd heard that he is now just suppling parts to the trade. But then Ray Daniels the girder fork guy has been saying he's retired for years, but still manages to repair forks for people:relaxed: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1