Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: B33 oversized question??

90mm isn't a problem...I have built numerous examples with a piston of that size...

When the barrel is bored out the spigot that locates it in the crankcase is lost but the barrel locates OK on the head bolts..Also the width of the head sealing seat is reduced...Again though, there are no issues with that...No liner is required unless you are planning to fit 112mm stroke M21 flywheels.

My own B33 had a 720cc engine to that spec. until recently...

Are you planning to 'stroke' it as well...? The M20 flywheels can be fitted (with suitable modification) for 598cc...The piston only will give you 559cc..

Avoid car pistons generally as the weight is excessive...Look for suitable motorcycle pistons bearing in mind the gudgeon pin to crown height, compression ratio and gudgeon pin diameter...

I have had batches of pistons made in the past but don't have any currently...

CP pistons (in America) will do 'one offs' to your pattern...Excessive compression ration doesn't do these engines any favours..8:1 to 8.5:1 will be ample to give you good performance when combined with suitable cams, port size, carb, crank weight etc...

You must lighten the crank if you want it to go well but even if you don't and only fit the piston you should have it rebalanced to a 60% balance factor..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: B33 oversized question??

Yes I will run 94mm stroke. So the barrel casting is good enough to bore? Thanks for the Info!

Adam

Nieuwe pagina 1