Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wet sumping and Crap headlamp beam

Hi Ian done all the adjustments for focusing the bulb in the holder, I used a seperate power supply and adjusted bulb holder off the bike but still beam is useless. The reflector is a new old stock one and is in good order. Just seems the beam is either a spot or a hollow.I am going to try a different type of bulb and see if thats where the problem is....Dave

Hi Dave

Both my M20 and WDCO have halogen lamps, I use an old pre-focus reflector which I cut around the bulb holders to make a holder similar in shape to the Du42 type. They fit perfectly under the original DU42 reflector lamp holder wire retainers. With these you can fit the halogen lamps from Paul Goff (main and pilot). I use the 12V 35w and 10w pilot I recall with a 60W dynamo installed. Any higher on the pilot lamps and you melt the bulb holders. 7AH Yuasa battery in one of Ian's battery boxes works really well, inexpensive and I've had one fitted since prior to Normandy 2014 so seem to last. I'm perfectly happy with the lights for night running considering it is a 70 year old bike. I suppose it could be better without the bathroom glass lens. Email me if you want pictures.

Regards

Rick

email (option): rbrouard@guernsey.net

Sorted just make up stepped reducer ring for H4 bulb just got to sort out pilot bulb, think I will fit a led as a day running light.I didnt use nylon for ring but another type of insulation material which has a higher heat resistance, also made a carb spacer from it for my 32 Enfield sloper...I set the H4 bulb for best focus by leaving it loose so I could move back and forward in the reflector while connected to a 12v supply then measured gap and machined spacer to suit.Best of all I dont have to pay over the top prices for 12v bulbs to suit the old Lucas bulb holder and bulbs are easily available from local garage if you ever want a replacement...Ferg you dont know what your.e missing I like riding at night just got to keep a eye out for deer around here some a big buggers dont want to hit one of those...

Nieuwe pagina 1