Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Flying Flea Air Filter

Its no good Ron, its got a hole in the middle

email (option): davemb42@yahoo.com

Thanks Arnaud , its probably worth keeping hold of .Could it have been fitted to another WD motorcycle or could it have possibly been fitted to a stationary engine like a generator of something similar ?

Dave

email (option): davemb42@yahoo.com

Dave as far as I can think, the only other WD bike that used the maze filter is the James ML and as far as I can see, it also has the 'Air Maze' filter. I guess those 'Cooper' filters were used post war on whatever Villiers engines where fitted with the maze type filter. To that end I'll be correcting the one on my Flea. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Flying Fleas carried on in Service well into the 1950s, is it possible that production of the wartime filter stopped and the War Office sourced a replacement elsewhere?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

That's possible Rob, but the filter was not required as a replaceable item unless of course it fell off or got damaged. The post war civy Flea didn't use the maze filter at all. However the post war civy ML did and they might well have been the Cooper made filter. God knows when either company started or stopped manufacture. Judging from what I've just learnt though. The 'Air Maze' filter is correct for both models during war time production. Ron

PS. a google search reveals that Coopers(combined with Fiaam) and Air Maze are both still leading companies in air and oil filtration, and Air Maze boast about 8 decades of production.

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1