The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Matchless tank and very great new museum at QUINEVILLE Normandy

Hi Ron,
always have good time at the Reine Mathilde camp !! , strange Jacques and Isabelle know we are there on the friday, they say me they have news from somewhere in England...
about the museum, yes it need a new visit, the old museum was all sold, and it's a 95% new private collection in it!! with lots of parts to see, not easy to take pics, but incredible collection, maybe the more complete i see since a long time!! it was open since april this year.
there is also a funny part of the museum as the owner is a model maker, there are some lovely 1/6 models ( include a Pacific truck with trailer!!) my son very like them!! a little largest than the ones i make!!
i bought a near complete 1943 DR uniform in perfect state here, as he sold the triples of is collection, and for the price it cost 10 or 15 years ago..... .
i'm in contact with him about motorcycles...
Arnaud

email (option): leger-arnaud@wanadoo.fr

The helmet with '14' and Corps bar belonged to an LAA Regt, Royal Artillery and the Matchless fuel tank to an Infantry Brigade Company RASC. Regrettably, due to the deletion of the formation signs, we'll never know which.

Many thanks for the informations Rik!! i must admit that i'm not ready to paint a C number distorded like that on a freshly painted tank!! same for the antigas paint!!!

email (option): leger-arnaud@wanadoo.fr

Arnaud
Hi Ron,
always have good time at the Reine Mathilde camp !! , strange Jacques and Isabelle know we are there on the friday, they say me they have news from somewhere in England...
Arnaud

Did you meet up with Caroline? She came across a lone war grave in a small church nearby to the camp site. A Spitfire pilot killed in 1941. The two of us have been researching him. I'll place a marker on his grave next June. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1