Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Frame Welding

Here is my rear frame gauge. I'll ask Henk to post it into the technical page. Ron

PS I just noticed that the threads are nearly 1/16" longer than I quoted, hence the discrepancy in the added total, but it was early However the threads can be any length!

scan_170810_0002
free html images

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I think I posted something about this loooong ago; Robb Nortier should know about this. Are you there Robb...

Yes Hans Robb actually made and gave me this gauge. I'm just passing on the dimensions for anyone who wants to make one. I didn't notice anything about it in technical, but Henk is looking into it. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Chaps,
I have made a frame gauge to Ron's dimensions and measured my rear frame, only 3mm off, not bad considering the state of it! However there is more to this than meets the eye, the diameter of the down tube is 38.11mm and the seat down tube is 34.81mm a difference of 3.3mm. As all the measurements are being taken from the tube centres the straight edge is not running parallel to the centres, I would suggest using a 1.6mm spacer on the rear tube in order to achieve parallelism.
Hope this all makes sense and helps.
Cheers
Jim

email (option): johnboywalton13@msn.com

Well spotted Jim...It all makes sense...The discrepancy in tube diameters could be easily missed..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1