Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anyone going to the War & Peace Show?

It was my first time there and took the WD16H as an exhibitor. We got there Monday and had to be towed on site by a kind German chap in a big Yanky truck because of the mud. He dragged us around the site but all the spaces had been roped off in advance and there was nowhere for us to go. Some groups of people had roped off massive areas and I never saw them filled all week. Luckily for us a friend saw us sliding past there camp and let us squeeze on the end of there pitch. Thank you John, you really did save the day for us. We were getting desperate to get somewhere and running out of options as the German chap didn't want to drag us round every field. We hadn't been assigned a pitch and I have no idea where we were supposed to go

Toilets were a big problem, Wend and I were at the bottom of "Outer Munkton" field (I think that's what it was called), our nearest toilets were 10-15 min walk across a by now ploughed up slippery, muddy field, so not much fun. It didn't affect a lot of people in our camping field as they had there own private portaloo on there pitches, that were padlocked. As the portaloo bloke drove round people were buying them off him. There were 2 toilets right by us, one 10 feet away and one 10 yards away and the people wouldn't let me or Wend use them. It was a case of hunt the toilet, especially with the missus with me. The Americana camping field was the same, one block of toilets when they should have been spread out more. I go to several music festivals each year so I've seen more than I want to of disgusting portaloos, thankfully the ones here were kept clean.

On a positive note, there were a fantastic number of stalls and we seemed to find something new every time we walked around them.... Yes we spent lots of money
The living history and re-enactors camps were brilliant, these people really live the life and act the part and had all the kit with some amazing vehicles. Lots of 40's civvies as well.
Lots of tanks and unusual vehicles driving around the arena and around the site. We had a great view just sat outside our camp.
The 2 marquees with entertainment on each night was a good idea. You had rock bands on in the Spitfire marquee and something for the over 70 year olds in the other one

We really enjoyed ourselves there, made even better by the people we met. Great to catch up with lots of forum members and a special thanks to Richard Purkiss and Reg for making us welcome at there camp on our long hikes back and forward from camp to show.... That was a long walk.
And well done to John Alison for putting on a great show, good to see you and have a chat, and put in perspective the money and organisation that goes into an event like this. So support it or lose it, thats your options, you'll miss it if it's gone..!

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

YES I WILL BE THEIR WITH MY ARIEL WNG AND BSA PARRABIKE
ITS MY FIRST TIME

I put a message up a week or so ago.

For all those planning to go to War & Peace in Kent this year. Hope to see you on the motorcycle ride-out at 11am at the Spitfire bar on Friday 28th.

Must fettle to old girl this weekend and ger ready for my trip down on Tues afternoon. She was popping a bit on deceleration last time out.

Richard.

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

I'll be there on my pitch S1 or possibly R1, it depends how they mark it out, but it is last row pitch 1, so if anybody has anything heavy they don't want to carry around, you can leave it with me or just drop by and say hello, looking forward to the show and catching up with old friends,
Regards Gary

email (option): garys339@hotmail.com

I shall be on the military lightweight land rover club stand with my W'ng.
Hope to do the ride out, missed it last year with several other as there seemed to be a mixup with the timing.

Horror...sorry didnt get to say bye bye ! I was off to do some washing up when you last popped in to the camp. Thought I would see you on the rideout !? Lowly WM20 spluttered and popped at first but after about 10miles started to perform a lot smoother and not konking out at the junctions ! Had a good potter around the camp on Friday and Saturday afternoons.
Pleased to finally meet Ron on the Wednesday (or was it Thurs ?)
Keep polishing your helmets !!!
Rich.

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

We left Midday Friday as we had a bike rally to go to, so we missed the ride out which was a shame. Only rode around the site a couple of times as it was like riding with 2 flat tyres in that mud. Thursday was great as it had dried out. I'll get Wendy to polish my helmet

As you can see, it needs a lot of buffing
IMG_5191

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1