Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Part Location

Well I'm sure it's got to be the washer under the support nut. The support is the lug in the middle under the forks. I think you will have to remove the wheel to fit it. Best shine a torch in case there's already one there. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron,

So from what you say, the washer goes under the mudguard, right? The bike is still in bits. Just wondering, why the washer has got 2 holes in it? Oblivious the large hole is for fixing the mudguard to the front forks, what about the other.

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Is it the square shaped one Dave ?

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

No John, it's the round disc flat washer with two drilled holes in it. No good with photos, but there is a drawing in the 1940's partlist.

Dave

Dave,

it is got two holes because on a pre war bike which had the same washer a horn bracket was fitted beneath the stud on the forks with an extra hole for an attachment bolt behind the stud. How is that for getting rid of surplus stock

Kind regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3_at_planet_dot_nl

It's fitted on the inside of the mudguard as far as I know. Years ago I found a DeLuxe mudguard, still fitted to the front fork, that still had that washer.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thanks all for your replies.

I think now that the washer should be on TOP of the mudguard. The reasoning for this,
I have just been looking at the photo of C4347367, looks like factory, it has the distance piece between forks and mudguard, the washer can be seen on top of the mudguard. My bike C4343114 hasn't got that distance piece, and never has in all the time that I have owned her. I do know that there where different length forks, but don't know where mine fall into

Leon, that you for the explanaton of the extra hole. That would make sense, the washer on top so the horn bracket came of it. As for using up stock, I only got the washer from Russell's a couple of years ago

Cheers,
Dave

Dave,

This photo is period from Contract C9310 - do you have the approximate dimensions of the original please?

Hi Ray,
Here's a photo of the washer, it's 3inch in diameter with 5/16 centre hole and a 1/4 hole 1/2 from edge of dish. I have any mic's, so the nearest thickness is 1/32ths.
Ray, your photo is from C9310 mine is from C7287, the gap in the rib on the mudguard isn't wide enough, but in your photo the dish looks to bend up.
Dave

]

Nieuwe pagina 1