Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Proper Petcocks?

It looks to me as if you have 1/8" BSP taps fitted into 1/8" - 1/4" adapters with filters attached. There is no reason why you shouldn't remove the blocked filters and solder up new from brass gauze.

The only decent replicas for the hexagON Enots taps are the Czech ones but they're quite expensive.

http://www.vintage-replica.cz/323.E.htm

If you're not fussy about looks, more recent 'BAP' taps are 1/4" threaded and work well.

Post-war AMCs had reserve levers. I think that most wartime bikes relied on the tank tunnel providing a measure of reserve on the second tap and no stand-pipe reserve was fitted.

Yes I think Rik is correct. I missed the adaptors on your taps. From memory the adaptors are 3/8" BSP which are tapped to take 1/8" BSP petcocks. It all gets confusing as they've often been altered/modified over the years. An M20 would have had two standard taps without any reserve lever. Again as Rik observed, you would use one tap left or right as your main tap and the other tap would be your reserve. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

A lot of the modern repro ENOTS taps are made from die cast zinc, which are quite interesting when you descale your tank with acetic acid... Not a lot left!

email (option): simon.holyfield@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1