Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Photo Test

It's the sort of thing that 'wile e coyote' would run into and be completely sawn in half.....Meep Meep! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Someone should make one of those animations for this... who would we cut in half?!!

So did BSA standardise on this breather? My parts books shows the breather in this location (1948 to 1955 book I think), still seems odd, as it's breathing down the centre line of the bike. That said the one on my M20 only pretends to direct along the chain line...

email (option): dickie.bobbie@hotmail.co.uk

['That said the one on my M20 only pretends to direct along the chain line...']

The crankcase breather exit pipe wasn't (originally) intended to lubricate the chain on B and M Series BSA models...It was directed at the road below the bike...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ron Pier
It's the sort of thing that 'wile e coyote' would run into and be completely sawn in half.....Meep Meep! Ron

Hargan saws the blade spun towards the operator so it tried to push the saw back while you pushed against it foreward.
The nuts were renown for coming off and cutting the operators right arm clean off.
Out past president's father was cut in 1/2 from the neck to the pelvis by one of these.
Hundresd of timber cutters and in particular sleeper cutters using these saws lost their life standing behind them.
When the Mobilco saw became available, the Hargans were litterally left where the stood and you still see them rusting away in forests.
Mobilco also used WM20 engines for a while when you could buy a complete surplus bike for £ 10 and a new stationary was £ 25 then they went to BSA stationary engines.
For those who have not seen one, the saw rotates around the shaft so you can run the blade horizontal , vertical or at an angle so they were used for felling , trimming and blocking.
Because they were so dangerous there are a lot of them around.
The easiest give away is to 10" long decompression lever which the operator had to stretch foreward to stop the engine.
Blades up to 10' diameter got fitted to them.
The blade on that one is fitted backwards as many sane people did but when running that way the blade drags the operator foreward and there is no way one or even 2 men can hold against it.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1