Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Photobucket again.

I'm experimenting with Han's recommended site. Ron

C10 418

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Just got an e-mail from photobucket begging for money, so it looks like they are finished, though you can download your own photos back onto your computer, which is my next move......

Well all my photobucket pictures are in my own folders anyway. I only ever uploaded them to photobucket for posting on here. So I guess I'll just shut it down. Ron

I downloaded mine, though most are still on the computer or disc. What I did was after downloading I deleted every picture in my account. It is possible that they can sell your pictures on mugs etc, so to make sure they can't do this they are gone.......

Yep I just deleted my photobucket account. Ron

Me also, it took some time as I could only delete the images one page at a time (23) and I had about 1,200 on there.

I'm luckier than most in that nearly all the images I have posted have been on this forum and many of the threads have already rolled of the back of the forum, but over the next few month I may repost some on the more important threads.

If anyone wants a specific image redone ask on the thread and I will try to find and repost the image.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Its seems that photoflukkit are preventing you from downloading entire albums so it has to be done one pic at a time.

Apart from some family stuff and some bike records I have little to worry about losing or not using.

It seems this is from the new CEO John Corpus trying to make a name for himself [as the bloke who killed it?].

Be aware that tinypic is also owned by photoflukkit.

I found an interesting few comments and info here

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/photobucket-now-charges-399-for-third-party-hosted-images/

Although it won't make our images visible to others, those using Firefox can, for the moment at least view photobucket again using a recent add-on.

Once downloaded, Firefox opens photobucket as previously.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/

Just found this info on another forum... it works for me

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result.

After installing on google chrome I can see all deleted photos on previous threads.. Might help someone out there ?

Good tip, it works. To bad some have deleted all their photos from photobucket.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1