Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Photobucket again.

Well it's as I feared. Look at this thread for instance.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1383936&cmd=show

They've removed all my posted pictures and have emailed me to ask me to pay up to upgrade my account. I see it happening everyday on other forums and it's my guess that everyone's pictures hear will eventually get the same treatment. So unless anyone can advice me on another method of posting pictures......It's the end of that feature for me Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Photobucket again.

www.flickr.com

I've never had any problems...

Regards, Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

I appreciate any help and advice Sven. But I clicked on the link you provided and it says " Error, Page not found" ??????

Ron

Likewise error 403

Here a link to flickr. I have never used them but according to Sven it should work ok. I stopped using photobucket quite a long time ago as they wanted me to also pay for the photos I had there. When they blocked my photos I just stopped using them.

When I posted the link clickable it didn't work, just copy and past the link and it works fine.

www.flickr.com

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Error 404 now Ron

I thought flicker was something to do with "face thing"??

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Hi

As Trevor said the photo's haven'y gone, it's just that no-one other than the login for that PhotoBucket can see them. At least that's what I'd think is going on, I don't know as I don't use PhotoBucket.

I've used https://postimages.org and that's free at present. However the world does very little for free so I'm sure it won't last.

I'll take a look at other options for storage and sharing, but I don't think they offer a solution, like Dropbox or OneDrive.

Just as a general 'IT' point, always have back-ups or multiple copies of your important stuff, like photos, engineering details, parts books, etc.

Cheers

Richard

email (option): dickie.bobbie@hotmail.co.uk

%%bbCodeItem_1%%

%%bbCodeItem_1%%

From my Photobucket account, no charge............

It would seem that I can post pictures here but only the code shows, which takes you to my page and displays the image. Not so good here but on the custom bike forum I use it displayed the full picture...... Odd.

photo 17458027_898735456936178_7225985197690521353_n Beer_1.jpg

Sorted, was using the wrong link, this is the Email & IM link.

I tried to post a picture in a thread I commented on earlier today and got a message from photobucket telling me i was unable to share images with third parties... unless I paid $39.99 per month!
As if!!!

email (option): meck04@bigpond.com

Had the same problem with photobucket they want $399 for third party hosting, at 79p to the dollar that's about £250 a year, so will try another site that's still free to use,it seems a bit to much if you only use it a few times a month.

I notice all the prices quoted here are in US Dollars, maybe this is only in the US at the moment, as I can still post for free (see above) but I guess if they succeed in the States then Europe and the rest of the world will follow......

Hi,

Hans Muller just send me a link to https://imgbb.com/

I just tried it with a photo of a person we all know and it worked fantastic. The photo link given after uploading it is ready to past in the post. I didn't even register at that website and just uploaded the photo and here it is.

Henk

Donald_Joore_60

Seems easy to use

10_11
upload full resolution photos

Aha, so ok let's try this one....

https://www.flickr.com/

How does this work?

Cheers, Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

I'm experimenting with Han's recommended site. Ron

C10 418

Just got an e-mail from photobucket begging for money, so it looks like they are finished, though you can download your own photos back onto your computer, which is my next move......

Well all my photobucket pictures are in my own folders anyway. I only ever uploaded them to photobucket for posting on here. So I guess I'll just shut it down. Ron

I downloaded mine, though most are still on the computer or disc. What I did was after downloading I deleted every picture in my account. It is possible that they can sell your pictures on mugs etc, so to make sure they can't do this they are gone.......

Yep I just deleted my photobucket account. Ron

Me also, it took some time as I could only delete the images one page at a time (23) and I had about 1,200 on there.

I'm luckier than most in that nearly all the images I have posted have been on this forum and many of the threads have already rolled of the back of the forum, but over the next few month I may repost some on the more important threads.

If anyone wants a specific image redone ask on the thread and I will try to find and repost the image.

Rob

Its seems that photoflukkit are preventing you from downloading entire albums so it has to be done one pic at a time.

Apart from some family stuff and some bike records I have little to worry about losing or not using.

It seems this is from the new CEO John Corpus trying to make a name for himself [as the bloke who killed it?].

Be aware that tinypic is also owned by photoflukkit.

I found an interesting few comments and info here

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/photobucket-now-charges-399-for-third-party-hosted-images/

Although it won't make our images visible to others, those using Firefox can, for the moment at least view photobucket again using a recent add-on.

Once downloaded, Firefox opens photobucket as previously.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/

Just found this info on another forum... it works for me

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result.

After installing on google chrome I can see all deleted photos on previous threads.. Might help someone out there ?

Good tip, it works. To bad some have deleted all their photos from photobucket.

Henk

Nieuwe pagina 1