Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: On the road again

Have you got some pictures, Bob ?

Ron Pier
Well done Bob and time to think about a 'round the island' run Ron

Well first up will have to be the 13th BSA National Rally at Cowra October 13-15
( cheap & cheesy Plug )

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Thanks for the kind thoughts.
Mike, I'll try to do a picture but knowing my internet abilities it won't work. But it's civilianised, roughly post war colour scheme with a lined silver tank.
Trevor, thanks for the info & invite. Cowra's a nice place.
Ron, a round the island trip's a bit much at my age but I'm sure the bike would shrug it off OK.
Speaking of Round Aussie trips, I remember reading this about one of the first such voyagers.. he was somewhere up in the desolate North West when he chanced upon a bullocky with his Aboriginal offsider. Talking, the bullocky said "I've got a motorbike, under there". And sure enough, tied under the bullock wagon was a Douglas motorcycle. "What use is a motorcycle to you all the way out here?" asked the traveller. To which the bullocky replied "well, once we get to about ten miles out of a town, I go in on the bike & leave me offsider to bring the load in. I usually get three days on the piss before he arrives".

Found this on FB Bob. Coincidence?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154537174011817&set=gm.1917000198511504&type=3&theater

email (option): meck04@bigpond.com

Hi Mark
Sorry, I can't do Facebook. What's the connection? Travel, old bikes , drinking or all together?

Bob it was a story about someones great grandfather with a photo of him sitting on a Douglas in 1925 in Wyndam. Western Australia.

email (option): meck04@bigpond.com

Mark
Thanks for the info. Who knows, maybe there's a connection?

Nieuwe pagina 1