Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
On the road again

Hi folks
Posting from South Australia to let the world know my dear old 1941 WM20's back on the road. On historic rego this time, after a 6 year layoff.

Re: On the road again

Well done Bob and time to think about a 'round the island' run Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Have you got some pictures, Bob ?

Ron Pier
Well done Bob and time to think about a 'round the island' run Ron

Well first up will have to be the 13th BSA National Rally at Cowra October 13-15
( cheap & cheesy Plug )

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Thanks for the kind thoughts.
Mike, I'll try to do a picture but knowing my internet abilities it won't work. But it's civilianised, roughly post war colour scheme with a lined silver tank.
Trevor, thanks for the info & invite. Cowra's a nice place.
Ron, a round the island trip's a bit much at my age but I'm sure the bike would shrug it off OK.
Speaking of Round Aussie trips, I remember reading this about one of the first such voyagers.. he was somewhere up in the desolate North West when he chanced upon a bullocky with his Aboriginal offsider. Talking, the bullocky said "I've got a motorbike, under there". And sure enough, tied under the bullock wagon was a Douglas motorcycle. "What use is a motorcycle to you all the way out here?" asked the traveller. To which the bullocky replied "well, once we get to about ten miles out of a town, I go in on the bike & leave me offsider to bring the load in. I usually get three days on the piss before he arrives".

Found this on FB Bob. Coincidence?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154537174011817&set=gm.1917000198511504&type=3&theater

email (option): meck04@bigpond.com

Hi Mark
Sorry, I can't do Facebook. What's the connection? Travel, old bikes , drinking or all together?

Bob it was a story about someones great grandfather with a photo of him sitting on a Douglas in 1925 in Wyndam. Western Australia.

email (option): meck04@bigpond.com

Mark
Thanks for the info. Who knows, maybe there's a connection?

Nieuwe pagina 1