Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wm20 From Buenos Aires

Hi!! Very Nice to meet you! My name is pablo from argentina, I need some help. I want to buy a bsa m20 in my country . i love bsa, and i want to restore it. But i don't know if The motorcycle is original and how much it Cloud cost. The m20 is working fine, engine sound good and Seems like all is fine, but i would like to know directy from you. Thank a lot! I really apreciate your help. Im gonna need some spares part imaginé. (Sorry my English)

email (option): Vilaropablo@gmail.com

Re: Wm20 From Buenos Aires

Why not send some pictures? The knowledgable people here will be able to help.

Best wishes, Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

Just to help Pablo a bit, here are some pictures

IMG_7357

IMG_7356

Regards, Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Welcome Pablo.
Your English is fine.
We all speak a common language here called Motorcycle

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Hi Pablo,

From your pictures I can see that your whole front-end is not M20. The frontwheel looks like Norton and fork and mudguard also? Sven will know. Headlamp looks like a postwar 7 inch to me.

Carb and airfilter is obviously not Original, as is the silencer (pipe looks Original).

Engine area looks OK with good finning on the cilinder and head. Batterycarrier is a later type.

I have doubts about the rear mudguard, it looks too short at the rear and the stays are not Original.

Petrol tank looks like a mid-war one but should have the butterfly cap, or at least the big hole (around 71 mm) to accept the 3" cap.

Good luck, Michiel / Netherlands

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

Hello all
You're right on Michael - excellent note - also good pictures of Sven
I hope I can also help Pablo -
welcome
Hussein

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

Mudguard at the rear should be about level with the wheel spindle or slightly lower with a clip to accept the rear stand......Which is also missing.

The M20 doesn't have a stand retaining clip on the mudguard as it is held up by the stand spring alone...Comments regarding the length are about right though....

I guess if your in Buenos Aires the first thing is to complete the bike with what's available locally...

This one has a number of wrong parts and that should be reflected in the price (compared to a correct one) but it's a starting point to work with...

I have no idea what the prices are for M20s in Argentina so I couldn't comment on that aspect in any meaningful way....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Not a bad bike, all in all. The front end also seems Norton to me(anyone else?), but it works !
I was wondering if the rear brake anchor is bent ? Not sure.
And what is that behind the rear wheel sprocket ?

By the way, its funny to see M20's show up everywhere in the world, exept for the poles that is.

Mine has a clip at the base of the mudguard, I wonder then, if it was put on by some technical minded bod to make up for a weak spring......I must admit it does not hold the stand as it bounces around on rough ground (or roads as they are know here).

I think you're right Michel. Some model Norton at the front. It looks like a camping cooker hanging from the left ammo box?

The correct M20 stand spring is more than adequate to hold the stand up without it bouncing. But it should come with a government health warning when coming to fit one Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Pablo!
I hope you and the WM20 are fine,

I could help you if you still need it. I live in Manuel B. Gonnet, and I am the proud owner of a BSA,

Cheers!

Marcelo

email (option): mrcalogero1966@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1