Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Repro Battery Box

Hi Terry, no I would call that another post war pattern.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Here is an original WD Lucas battery (they were all dated) A couple of forum members have produced repros. Best put out a shout to see what's available. Ron

photo M20 397_zps8qphfegl.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron Pier
Here is an original WD Lucas battery (they were all dated) A couple of forum members have produced repros. Best put out a shout to see what's available. Ron

photo M20 397_zps8qphfegl.jpg

Thanks Ron. So I guess this is a shout out to forum members who have produced repros. I'm in need of one.

Thanks

Terry

email (option): peilighthorse@hotmail.com

Hey Terry,

That's the same battery box I bought for my BSA. Wasn't a huge fan of the reproduction I saw in person because it was a resin cast and I liked the rubber more. Nothing personal, I use resin casting sometimes for scale model stuff but I hate dealing with resin. It's dangerous to work (toxic to health, research warnings before working with it) with and tends to leave little bubbles in the casting.

Even if it's not accurate, that rubber box still works great and looks good and not many people will know the difference either way. it fit my battery carrier just fine.

Enjoy the new bike...

Here is one of Ian Wright's batteries, although I did find an original lid for it. They were mostly originally supplied in service colour. I think we were very lucky that Ian undertook the challenge and we even bullied him into altering his original die so that we had them dated in either 1940 or 1944, and for years no one else made them.
 photo M20 069_zpszqso9pnz.jpg

Then just for a hobby and as he's in the trade, Arnuad made a small batch, copied from my original which I found in Normandy. With dummy caps and all. Ron

photo Big 4 509_zps9fzncuij.jpg

So any of these guys making repros now? And if so, does anyone have their contact info?

Thanks

email (option): peilighthorse@hotmail.com

Terry, use the search facility at the top right of this page by user for any contact details. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1