Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Miller Switch

Today I came across this switch .I thought at first it could have been a Miller in the attached photo's its very similar to the diagram apart from the "A" and "B" terminals and the number 1 peg is missing .

Anyone know what this would have been fitted too and would this be able to be wired the same as the spec on the flying flea ?

Thanks
Dave

[/URL]
[/URL]

email (option): davemb42@yahoo.com

Re: Miller Switch

Dave you haven't shown your top! The A&B terminals are the two studs that are bonded into the top. If it's a four position switch? You should be able to add the missing parts and some sort of resistor for the direct lighting system of a Flea.

There is quite an array of Miller 3 and 4 position switches and as far as I know, the WD version of the Miller switch (with the 'T' tail lamp only position) were only ever used on Fleas (with the resistor) WD Velocett's and the few Miller equipped Matchless G3L's.

I had some of Arnaud's excellent repro tops and knobs, but all gone now. Ron

photo Lightweights 334_zpsgktkgkkg.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron

It has "CH" "D" "H" "L" on the top . Luckily I bought a top and knob from Arnaud when I was cobbling the bits up for the Flea .The switch that was on the flea was a Lucas 3 position so I didn't use the parts, but they fit nicely on the switch I managed to find.

The post that's missing is No1 looking at the diagram luckily it looks not to be in use so I'll just have to find the missing grub screws and a resistor .

Just had a look on evil bay and found a 1.5 ohm 20W ceramic tubular resister if that will do the job .

Dave

Hello Dave,
i modify a 3 positions for mine in that case you need also modify the center part to have the four positions, and you need have another "scrap"switch to ad another plot on the 3 positions, for cabling your it's not easy without a good reflexion, i could make you a drawing of what you need check in all the four positions.
on the workshop manual drawing the switche is in the position "only tail light" generator to tail light, and earth with resistance connexion, you need check with the 4 positions face in place, in all the positions.
maybe more simple to explain with a drawing , i make this this afternoon for you.
all the best
Arnaud

email (option): leger-arnaud@wanadoo.fr

Hello Arnaud

I was wondering where to start with the wiring a diagram will be a great help, thanks very much its much appreciated .

Regards

Dave

Nieuwe pagina 1