Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where can I find a speedo?

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a speedo for 1942 BSA m20 it is the last part I need but do not know where to find one or what my options are. Thank you

email (option): bjsullivan23@ymail.com

Re: Where can I find a speedo?

I'm assuming you are in the UK....

If so, you will find none of the speedo dealers will sell you a restored speedo outright (to my knowledge)...However, they will swap any chronometric speedo of the same basic type for a restored military one...

So, you need to trawl ebay and/or autojumbles or tap into the 'old boys network' to come up with a donor speedo....Expect to pay anywhere from £100 to £140-£150 pounds for such a unit...

You'll then have to pay approx. another £150 to get the restored exchange unit...

It's expensive but it's the only way currently unless you get lucky and find a good one (unlikely) or you get lucky and find a cheap donor (possible, the last one I bought about 8 months ago I paid £85 for)...Ian

I live in the US are those my only options still?

email (option): bjsullivan23@ymail.com

Keep an eye on ebay uk. They pop up but are not cheap but don't seem to last long.

email (option): meck04@bigpond.com

Mark F
Keep an eye on ebay uk. They pop up but are not cheap and don't seem to last long.

Bad English there. Is it possible to edit a post?

You can only edit a post for 1 hour after submitting it but only if you haven't left the site. Otherwise you would have to ask Henk to intervene. Ron

Edit- Malcolm Leech is a good guy for speedos and usually has refurbed WD speedos and will sell them without exchange, but he doesn't seem to have a web link
Tel +44 121 559 7306

Or try here http://www.chronometricspeedos.co.uk/

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron. It wouldn't let me edit it for some reason.
I'll have to preview my posts in the future.

Nieuwe pagina 1