Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WNG photo error.

Although this photo is not in the IWMs new book THE SECOND WORLD WAR IN COLOUR it is interesting in that it shows motorcycles being un boxed (I think)and assembled there is packing paper/cardboard discarded on the ground and even some left on the wheel on the ground,looks Italian location by the building in the background,shame they printed it reversed.  photo Screenshot_20170529-115525 2_zpso2kjzikr.png

Re: WNG photo error.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

The IWM has about 1500 colour photos taken during WW2,another 1500 were not kept(possibly destroyed)before they were handed over to the IWM in the early 50s,others probably survive in other news archives of news papers/magazines etc,colour motorcycle photos must be very rare,I think this one was taken in Singapore in 1941.  photo Screenshot_20170627-221704 2_zpskvbe2ukd.png

Can anyone decipher the unit that the artillery Quad belongs to? My second cousin drove one of these as part of the last gasp defensive measures before the Japs rolled them up.

email (option): fergusanckorn@icloud.com

I think they are Russians...

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

another proof of russian contracts Jan????

email (option): leger-arnaud@wanadoo.fr

Here a link to quite a few colour photos including BSA photos.

http://www.vintag.es/2013/10/colour-photos-of-singapore-military-in.html

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Many thanks for the link Henk!!
lots of lovely vehicles , quad fordson truck and a lovely civilian austin tourer 8hp. very interesting in marking for models builder...
Arnaud

email (option): leger-arnaud@wanadoo.fr

It's an RA red / blue Arm of Service plate with a white 'Army' / GHQ bar underneath but it looks as if they hadn't got as far as applying the actual AoS serial at the time the photographs were taken.

Nieuwe pagina 1