Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early short field stand for WM20

Does anyone know the length of the early short WM20 field stand?I've looked at old posts and this question has been asked before.There were however no replies that I could find.
I would appreciate any help. Jon Sewell

email (option): jonsewell8@hotmail.com

Re: Early short field stand for WM20

I've had some information given to me via email. The length of the short field stand may be 55cm . Any comments very much appreciated......Jon

Sorry Jon, I used to have one and I took some pictures of it, but if I wrote down any dimensions, I can't remember where.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

55cm is the approximate metric conversion from 21 3/8" ,shown on the drawings in the technical section . Therefore the short field stand must be less at nearer 18" looking at photographs...Jon

Hi Jon
I have an NOS short stand i picked up at stafford

Just back from normandy so will be the weekend before i can measure for you

BR
Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I shortened mine as i couldnt find an original and after approximating off original photos as to where it meets the rear mudguard i made mine 21" from the centre of the mounting hole to the point of the stand.

Cheers
Sterling
P.S i also would be interested in measurements off an original one.

email (option): sterlingmilitaria@gmail.com

That is what I did in the end but made mine 20" long. I would have liked a measurement from a genuine one but no one was able to help.
So called "rivet counters" have been given a hard time on the forum recently and although my WM20 is not completely correct I do like to try and get things as close as I can. What I don't want is for someone to measure mine and take it for an original.
Regards Jon.

Nieuwe pagina 1