Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ignition lever doesn't remain in full advance position

Dears, I need your help once again. I do not understand why the ignition lever doesn't remain in full advanced position. I have to pull it tight to get the right position, but after some miles it returns back by one quarter of its course. Then - when I realise that the engine isn't turning in the proper way - I pull it again and it runs well again.
How can I solve this problem?
Thanks in advance for the tips

email (option): drossi54@hotmail.it

Re: Ignition lever doesn't remain in full advance position

Daniel,

I don't know what type of ignition advance lever you have but most of the ones I've seen have a screw slot in the center, which holds the lever to the bracket. If you turn it, it will tighten the top down on the large flat washer. This should fix the problem.

Best wishes, Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

Or change your magdyno to the post-war system with the advance cable on the left side ! (Slack cable = fully advanced)

The washer that Allan speaks of is in fact made of spring steel and is a bit wavy in profile. A bit like a potato crisp, which should create enough friction to hold the lever by turning down that central screw.....There are other types of course. If your screw is bottoming out before it's holding the lever, then you need to change the spring washer or add something else.....Even a home made leather washer will probably do. On the other hand. It might be that the spring at the other end of your cable is too strong. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

So simple...
I really feel so stupid
Thanks guys.

email (option): drossi54@hotmail.it

Nieuwe pagina 1