Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
G3L Wetsumping

Hi All
I'm having problems with my G3L wetsumping. The crankcase is NOS and the oil pump plunger is not showing signs of any wear so shouldn't be excessive clearance there. It will practically empty the oil tank into the sump overnight.
Any suggestions welcome
Ps The charging problem on my Enfield turned out to be the dynamo breaking down under load. Showed good voltage on test but nothing when connected to any load.
Thanks for all your suggestions there.
Regards
Paul

email (option): paul@holmesfamily.ws

Re: G3L Wetsumping

My Matchlesses all wet sump. They all do, unless you dont have oil in the tank, but draining all the tank overnight is not the norm.......mine drain probably a third of a tank over months of standing. What grade oil are you using? But even "Classic" Halfords multigrade stays put in mine, at least overnight. My G3WO came with a tap on the oil line and of course, this would cure your symptom, but not the problem. And I am still not keen on oil feed taps; a manufactured disaster waiting to happen.

email (option): fergusanckorn@icloud.com

I'm the same. Don't like the idea of a tap! Bound to forget at some time in the future.
Mine drains half the tank overnight so I have to drain the crankcase before trying to start it or it will throw half a pint of oil out of the breather!
I'm using classic 40 grade.

email (option): paul@holmesfamily.ws

paul check for rust holes in the oil tank manly where the filter sits in

thanks, barry

Nieuwe pagina 1