Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wm20 for sale

Hi there
I mentioned in a previous thread that I've been asked by a friend who's ill to sell his stuff. One item being a WM20. I know very little about these bikes and as mentioned before, would be very grateful if someone could help me price it. Or even be interested in buying this old bike.
Reg-269 HFU
Engine WM20 79826
Frame 664276

email (option): grantautorepair@hotmail.co.uk

Re: Wm20 for sale

Hi Colin

664276 is quite high for a frame number, it sounds more like a BSA part number?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

That certainly sounds like a BSA part number or forging number...

The frame number should be stamped on the left hand side of the steering head casting just above where the frame front down tube comes out of the casting...

Typically it should have a KM20 or WM20 prefix for a WD bike followed by the number...e.g. 'WM20.12345.' ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

If you check out reg number on DVLA site it comes up as registered 1954 so my guess its a plunger bike with a WM20 engine fitted which was often the case as there were plenty of recon surplus WM20 engines available to replace your worn out engine in the 60s/70s. Frame number should be a BM20 prefix for 1954... Dave

But 54 could be it's first registration after being demobbed Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

There are several M20s listed in the post war keycards which have a "66...." number listed instead of a frame number, I always assumed some one had been told to fill in a return and didn't know where to look for the proper number so had used the first one they could find, so it will be very interesting to see what has happened in this case.

Clearly some photographs of the machine are going to be necessary before it can find a new home and that should sort out any confusion.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Doesn't have to be plunger for '54. Mine isn't

I have set up a Flickr account, under the name Colin Grant. And placed a few photos on it in public. The subject is WM20. Hopefully you can view the bike there, if you wish to do so. I'm not very good with technology and have been doing this on my phone 📱

here ya go

BSA WM20

BSA WM20

BSA WM20

BSA WM20

BSA WM20

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Thanx m8
Could you tell me if it looks like a proper WM20,and maybe how much it may be worth plz.

Nieuwe pagina 1