Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA J12 query...

I don't have a parts list for the J12 or any of the 500cc V Twin derivatives....

Can one of you gents tell me if, in any year, this bike had a rear chain oiler fitted?.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: BSA J12 query...

I have a J11 wich has an oil line going from the top of the oil tank to the rear chain. I suppose its original.

Thanks Mick..Any comments on other production years welcome...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Probably best to email Leon unless he responds here. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Early War office twins were produced in 1933. The J34-11, J35-11 en J12 for civilian production were produced in 1934-1936.Prefixes to the engine and frame numbers were B11, E12, D12 respectively.
Interestingly enough is that 1936 J12 models were despatched for ´New Scotland Yard` as it says in the despatch records in December 1937 up to the beginning of 1938. These had diecast crankcases, air hardened cylinders and a `full blue´ petrol tank.

The War Office twin was also made in those years but the RAF ordered more and these were produced in 1937 with the H prefix to the frame number.

War Office twin differed in specs, e.g. no tank instrument panel but headlamp panel and some other small changes. They also had other prefixes: B15, E15 and D15 respectively.

Since I am currently at work I don´t have the book ready but I am pretty sure this accurate.

I will check for the oil pipe but I am petty sure that what Mick says also goes for the other years.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3_at_planet_dot_nl

Mick,

I also have a J11. You wouldn't happen to have a few spares lying around like rocker boxes? I know they are like rocking horse manure but just asking anyway.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3_at_planet_dot_nl

Nieuwe pagina 1