Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WD MOTORCYCLE COLOUR FILM.

It'd been on here several times. It's a shame there's no sound or commentary! Ron

http://www.yorkshirefilmarchive.com/film/dear-sergeant-or-story-rough-riding-motorcycling-course

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi all, The film was made at Wentworth Woodhouse in Rotherham about 3 miles from where I live (Been used to film loads of period dramas and big budget movies) I have watched the film a few times to try and work out some locations some of the countryside is very familiar and Rotherham town centre has hardly changed a bit (The buildings anyway) There is a classic car & bike show in the grounds on September 17th, I Will be going on my 41 WM20 have to drag my mate along with his 44 matchless, Who knows it may have been in the film? Regards, John Green.

email (option): rustytomm20@hotmail.com

" have to drag my mate along with his 44 matchless, Who knows it may have been in the film?" Regards, John Green.

I don't think so John! They were all G3's. A 44 would be a G3L with tellies.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron, You are right, I will go and visit my mate and tell him the errors of his way, It has girders and painted in desert sand? Try and get some numbers off it, Am sure the colour is mid war (North Africa? not girders?) That's what I love about this forum, Education, Regards, John.

Most (not all) of the locations have been identified. I suggested a few years back that it might be an idea to get some bikes back and do a 'then and now' with some photos at the location of some film stills but it came to nothing. It could still be done and could be extended to make a good day ride round some areas of WW2 military interest.

I know a few of the locations very well, But the slag heaps are long gone, Wentworth Woodhouse was extensively opencast mined after the war (up to the front door, still trying to get compensation off the NCB even now!) locations include, The villages of Greasbourgh and Thorpe Hesley, and of course Wentworth (Fantastic pubs) I will do some more research and report back, John.

Nieuwe pagina 1