Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Race to the Bridge Arnhem

Hi all,

I am planning to do the "Race to the Bridge" weekend in Arnhem next year with my son on our M20's. I know it's a long way off but as this would be our first visit l am hoping someone can steer us in the right direction.

Although there is a lot of information on the Internet most of it seems geared to the serious re-enactors on campsites with no civilian tents or vehicles allowed. We don't really fit into that category as although our bikes are correct, and we try to dress the part, not all our kit is 100% correct.

If anyone could pass on any gems of wisdom on the best place to stay, whether the event is really only for re-enactors, when to book or anything really that will help with the planning, l would be very grateful.

Regards Roy

email (option): Fierybrew@gmail.com

Re: Race to the Bridge Arnhem

Roy best use a hotel Then you will not have to worry about the wrong kit, rob may contact you, he i s more relaxed where they camp down by the river , sorry cant be there this year, AGAIN andrew

email (option): warbikes@Gmale bot comm, You willneed to think about this !!

Hi Roy,

If only 100% correctly dressed attendants and vehicles are allowed it would be a quiet event.....
Of course there are reenactors there, but nobody will kick you out of the race to the bridge when your kit isn't 100% accurate. You're also very welcome on Ginkel heath for watching the para's.
There are enough places to stay around Arnhem/Oosterbeek. I'm sure some other forum members can guide you.

Regards, Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Hello roy
You are welkom on the abwo weekend.
It is not an re enactors weekend .
Jou can put your car on the parking 10 meters away .
I onley wear my gear on race to the bridge rest of the weekend not no problem.
If jou have an green tent then it is ok .
Jou can also go to the rijnhoeve campside lot of bikers will go there.
But hope to see jou on the abwo side.
Gr marcel jansen

email (option): mgd.jansen@kpnmail.nl

Hello Roy, my mate Tony and I have been going several years now to this event and also a couple of " Liberation Tours in the month of May.We stay at the campsite at the southern side of Oosterbeek literally on the edge of the Rhine. We're lucky enough to have made friends with some fantastic Kloggy mates over the years. Ping me an email if you like. Pete.

email (option): petethejeep@hotmail.co.uk

My thanks to everyone that has responded to my request for pointers. I was beginning to go around in circles searching the web.

The advice is very welcome and removes any concerns I had on whether to take part in this event.

Regards Roy

Nieuwe pagina 1